The weather is heating up, and that means one thing: it’s time to service your AC unit. If you’re like most people, you probably only think about your AC when it’s hot outside and you need it to cool down your home. But did you know that there are signs that can indicate it’s time to replace your AC unit? In this blog post, we’ll discuss six signs that might mean it’s time for a new AC unit. Keep reading to learn more!
- Your AC unit is more than 10 years old: Are you still using the AC unit that came with your home? If so, it might be time for an upgrade. AC units typically last for about 10 years before they need to be replaced. So if your unit is approaching that age, it might be time to start shopping for a new one.
- Constantly repairing your AC unit: Have you had to call a repairman for your AC unit more than once in the past year? If so, it might be time to think about AC replacement. Constantly repairing an AC unit can be expensive, and it’s not always worth it in the long run.
- Your energy bills are increasing: Has your energy bill gone up recently? If so, it could be due to your AC unit working overtime to cool your home. An old or inefficient AC unit will use more energy, which will end up costing you more money each month.
- Your home is never comfortable: Do you find yourself continuously altering the thermostat in an attempt to make your home more comfortable? If so, you may need to upgrade your AC unit. An old unit might not be able to cool your home evenly, which can leave some rooms too hot or too cold.
- You hear strange noises coming from your AC unit: It mostly happens when you start up your AC unit for the first time in a while. But if you notice strange noises coming from your unit regularly, it’s time to get it checked out. These noises could indicate that there is something wrong with your unit. If AC services do not fix it, then replacement might be your only option.
- There is water around your AC unit: If you notice water leaking from your AC unit or water pooling around it, there is a problem. Water and electricity don’t mix, so this is a sign that you need to call a repairman.
If you notice any of these signs, it might be time to replace your AC unit. Of course, you should always consult with a professional before making any decisions. They will be able to tell you for sure whether or not you need a new AC unit.
How To Determine AC Repair or Replacement Costs
There are a lot of factors that will play into the cost of your AC repair or replacement. They are as follows:
Age of unit: If your unit is more than 10 years old, it will most likely be more expensive to repair than to replace.
Type of unit: Central air units are generally more expensive to repair or replace than window units.
Brand of unit: Some brands are just more expensive to work on than others.
Refrigerant type: The type of refrigerant your unit uses will also affect the cost of repair or replacement.
Location: The location of your unit will also play a role in the cost. If it’s in a difficult-to-reach place, it will be more expensive to repair or replace.
Size of unit: The larger the unit, the more it will cost to repair or replace.
These are just a few of the factors that will affect the cost of your AC repair or replacement. If you’re not sure whether to repair or replace your unit, it’s always best to consult with a professional. They can help you determine the best course of action based on your specific situation.
American Home Comfort is a top-rated HVAC company that offers AC replacement and AC repair services in Quakertown, PA. We have a team of experienced and certified technicians who can help you with all your AC needs. Contact us today at 610-960-9375 to schedule a consultation!